Monday, October 13, 2008

Expect the unexpected things in life

Every one is waiting for August 15, 2008 this year as it was the long weekend. Everybody has their own plans. Planning for this weekend was done a month back. Hotels, resorts were booked. In my office also everyone was talking about the weekend plans. Among all this mess, I was like what to do. Three long days at home with no electricity (because of load shedding), heavy rains etc. There were no plans of outing as I don’t have any company. I was just thinking about what to do…suddenly I decided to call Abhijeet. Wanna check his availability for Friday to visit TMC at Shirse- Aakurle. What luck…He said yes to visit TMC. So we planned to go there at around 10.30 am – 11 .00 am. He came at 11.00 am at my place to pick me up from home. I was waiting for him. As soon as he entered rain had started so we waited for a while and then left from home. We went to TMC… but it was really a sad place. So just be there for 15-20 min. The entire day was empty. Again there was a question mark ….what to do??? The climate was good and surroundings were also nice so we both decided to take a ride on bike. While riding on bike we planned a picnic to Kondivade caves. We were not at all prepared for any kind of trek but still manage to reach some height of the hills. We were in search of caves so walking the regular path but the road was never ending. It’s like the way ahead………. So at some point we thought to take a break and return. It soon began to get windy and rains started when a long winding route came. I have to mention here that the weather was awesome and rains were like blessings of God. It was pouring in Kondivade. It was raining so heavy that rain drops hurt you when it hits your skin but I enjoyed the rains for entire season as if like from tomorrow there were no rains coming for a year. We crossed mountain streams on foot, climbed rocky routes, crossed jungles and made way through slippery paths. We saw lots white crabs, heard birds crippling. I really felt that I must have a camera to grab these moments. We enjoyed a lot but still I wanted to see the caves coz that was the end result .. for this we joined a unknown but very decent group who were also in search of caves. Again the journey was from slippery paths and hurdles of tress etc. In this journey the waterfalls were amazing. Shower of rain, flow of waterfall … everything has it own rhythm. We couldn’t find the caves but we enjoyed rains and waterfalls. At last we sat under the beautiful waterfall. We both were talking on different topics while lying down in the water. I was amazed with myself because at that particular movement sometime I was full of emotions and some time completely blank. After sometime spending in that waterfall we took a way back to home. My hearth is full of mixture of feelings. We didn’t find the caves… but we were not sad as our rhythmic journey was full of joy and happiness. We said last bye-bye to that group and left for home. We met Pranav to plan Lohagad’s picnic. We planned to meet next day at 7.45 am at karjat station for Intercity Express and dispersed. We both had the unplanned but very nice picnic. This was the most memorable day in my life. Here I just remember the line “Expect the unexpected things in life”. I was so surprised with myself because we were wondering in the jungle like we were used to for the path. But there are words in the Bhagwad Geeta “on this path, efforts never goes to waste and there is no failure. Even a little effort towards spiritual awareness will protect you from the greatest fear”.


As decided previous day, Pranav had come to my place but I was not ready to leave. My mother had fallen sick so I did some work to help her. I got ready meanwhile Pranav purchased some food for us. I met Abhijeet and Pranav at station directly. We boarded into train but Sanyogita, Manasi and Minal preferred to be at ladies compartment as train was crowed. We didn’t get place to sit but didn’t felt tired as we were chatting, gossiping and making comments on others. It took 40 min to reach at Lonavala. Its beauty with all its natural water falls, streams rolling out from mountains crevices. Thanks to Pranav- the organizer J J J. But Lonavala was not our destination. It was Malavali but next train to reach there is after one hour. We were wondering here and there in Lonaval to spend that one hour. We had breakfast, took some medicines. Photography session had begun as soon as we reached Malavali Station. We reached at Bhaje village. The waterfalls were breathtaking. . When we started seeing the lovely wild falls we could hardly wait to get there. That was just the beginning of our travel because Lokhagad was still a way ahead. But as Buddha said “You cannot travel the path until you have become the path itself” so it was like chale chalo. We reached at the staircase of the fort. Sanyogita and manasi wanted to have roasted corns. So waited for them to buy it …meanwhile we read the history of Lohagad which was printed on the iron board at the bottom. We finished that and started towards our destination- Mission Lohagad. We just climbed few steps and we saw a crowd of monkeys coming down. They were looking like a huge family with all generations. It was really scary. Every one was scared I think but kept telling to everyone don’t panic, don’t scream ...just ignore them and keep walking. But Sanyogita was exceptional for this. She was panic and kept screaming…monkeys were towards Manasi and her coz they had corn in their hands. Manasi threw the corn towards other end of staircase to get rid of monkeys. This helped all of us to escape from the scary site. It was really funny that we scared of monkeys and escape from them. Fort is the symbol of bravery, people used to fight with enemies but we were escaping from monkeys, isn’t it funny??? J J J. It is but more than that it was scary, If they would have attack then that might be the end of our journey. Thanks to God that nothing went worse. Manasi was very sad for a while as she had to throw the corn which she just took the bite. Then Sanyogita shared her corn with Manasi broad heartedly. Then we went ahead..this time Minal, Pranav, Sanyogita and Myself were ahead and Abhijeet and manasi were busy taking snaps. We just heard Sanyogita screaming…..no wonder there was another monkey…but this time we were lucky that we didn’t met the ZUND OF MONKEYS. Sanyogita kept screaming and that horrible monkey kept moving towards her…Now what as she was not listening to us and there is no other way to handle the situation…thanks to Pranav’s presence of mind as he threw the chips packet and monkeys mind get distracted. We just ran from the place and monkey ran with packet of chips with some chips on ground. It was really funny scene. With all this scenes and beautiful site seeing we reached at Lohagad Fort. It was amazing. It’s a huge fort. I really want to salute those people who build that fort. Amazing architecture!!! There were lovely wild valleys. We were to be on top of a plateau above the valley. The road was narrow, rocky and full of potholes. We walked a hell lot of distance but still it was a beautiful place and we had lots of fun. We met a nature lover person Mr. Mosin who has snake, chameleon and scorpions in his pocket. We had lots of knowledge about nature and animals. He showed us some places on fort and described some history as well. It was nice that we had some one who has knowledge about the fort. As like Kondivade, at Lohagad also we went through the slippery and muddy path. Most of us fall, slip in between but it was small break to laugh. We clicked pictures, did almost a photo session of every body. Manasi is very beautiful and got a very photogenic face. This time I was also interested in taking my snaps though I was not so photogenic. We enjoyed each others company and had fun with known – unknown people in a group. Then finally we started coming down as we have to catch a train. Overall it was a nice trek and all’s wet that ends wet.

Two out of three days went well… really amazing. Saturday night I was wondering I have one more day to enjoy so why to waste the single day as well. Abhijeet and I decided to go for a movie- Jane tu…Ya Jane Na. I caught a 12.12 pm train and he boarded from Neral in the same train at 12.30 pm. We met at Thane. The movie was at 4.40 pm we had almost two hours in our hand to spend. We did some shopping and took a rick to Mulund. As per my geographic knowledge the Nirmal lifestyle was near by from Mulund Check naka so I made him to walk. But I was completely wrong as it was very far. We walked some distance but I was not at all sure about the road so finally we took another rick to Nirmal Lifestyle mall. We took tickets of movie and again did some shopping as we still have 20 min and don’t want to waste that also. Movie was ultimate. We enjoyed it a lot. As if last two days given a feeling that we were in college and this movie was like cherry on a cake. After the movie we were laughing on each and every scene from the movie. While coming back in the train we discuss some topics; actually I was listening Abhijeet’s memories. He really had lovely moments with her. I was very much there but my mind was like “Nagme hain, shikwe hain Kisse hain, baatein hain, (Baatein bhool jaatihain Yaadein yaad aati hain, Yeh yaadein kisi dil-o-jaanam ke Chal jaane ke baad aatihain Yaadein, yaadein, yaadein..” Neral had come and he had to get down. He left and I sat near the window. Cool breeze was blowing my face and different thoughts were revolving in my mind. I was thinking something and Abhijeet called … I was so confused that I couldn’t understand a single statement so I told him that I will call you later. After that phone call I was trying to link the thoughts together but as usual confused to recollect everything? Every time I was unable to express myself. But nonetheless we had a grate time together. These days are really unforgettable days in my life. I really want Abhijeet as my best friend always. Before this weekend I was so puzzled about spending the holidays but at the end of that I wished that I could have one more day to have fun with friends . It was amazing, unforgettable days in life.

2 comments:

Abhi said...

Hi ,
its really nice ,
you again bring smile on my face .

Akshoni said...

ya...thanks...written memories are for that only...